Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekend

Friday
Friday evening I had my dinner with Xouros at EVK, and then Dimitri dropped by and we watched Ed Wood, after doing some Matlab simulations. I finally think I know how to solve my problem...

Saturday
After watching my morning tv shows, we went to the Grove and watched 2.5 movies at once, and then headed to the East India Grill (that was Andrew's first 5 star restaurant in our blog) but I wasn't as excited as he was for the place (it was good though). Then I got back home and looked at a Lorentzian distribution that may describe my problem. Well, it didn't :-)

Sunday
We met with erdem and the tennis club guys and headed for Staples center to watch the women's championship finals. What happens is that at the end of a year the first 8 ranked women play eachother and the winner wins $1,000,000 and pushes a lot its place on the ranking. We watched the final between Mary Pierce and Amelie Mauresmo, and it was so much fun. I went last year too, and it's too bad they won't host it here next year.


Mauresmo:


Pierce:

The prize:

Panoramic from the inside of Staples Center:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Categories