Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Crash!

That was the biggest surprise in the Oscars in the past 8-9 years. Paul Higgis' Crash, my favorite movie to win this competition actually made it! When Jack Nicholson announced the words he took everyone by surprise. I screamed like a child that sees suddenly Santa in his bedroom door, since I never really expected that to happen. That made up for me from last year when I think Million Dollar Baby never deserved the Oscar, the Aviator was the best picture of that year for me.

Of course Crash is a great movie about LA, but it is not the best of last year. In fact, I don't think it can be compared with movies like Lord of War or King Kong. I guess it is worth the Oscar then because of its exceptionality; a movie so original that it cannot be compared to others...

Categories